East Texas News & Opinions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawsuit: KISD coaches outed student

3 posters

Go down

Lawsuit: KISD coaches outed student  Empty Lawsuit: KISD coaches outed student

Post  John T. Ford Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:00 pm

http://www.kilgorenewsherald.com/news/2010-12-22/Front_Page/Lawsuit_KISD_coaches_outed_student.html

http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=13730492#

I posted a couple of different links above on this topic. The Kilgore News Herald has a more complete story on this topic. However, KLTV has some very lively discussions under the comments section.

I am truly amazed at how many people either cannot see that this child has been wronged by the educators because they cannot see past the homosexual factor or they understand that she has been wronged and think she deserves it because of her sexual orientation.

If you read the comments on KLTV's site it appears that we are a community of homophobes who believe children what may have an alternative sexual orientation does not deserve the same protection of that of straight children. What do you think? Shocked
John T. Ford
John T. Ford

Back to top Go down

Lawsuit: KISD coaches outed student  Empty Re: Lawsuit: KISD coaches outed student

Post  LittleSouthernMama Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:11 pm

john, this kind of reaction is not only common but expected in this area. unfortunately, people erroneously hide behind scripture to justify a number of social ills.

Evil or Very Mad

Mad at the end of the day...three non-familial adults locked themselves in a room with an underaged child and had an intimate discussion about specific sexual activities down to delineating past partners and the mechanism of the sexual content (i.e. heterosexual or homosexual). i, for one, would NEVER stand for adults to discuss sex with my child in this manner.

they had no RIGHT and no REASON to ask those questions. i would even go so far as to wonder if the coaches could be charged with something criminal in terms of sexual contact with a minor. Shocked

there is NO Evil or Very Mad NO reason why an adult in that position, let alone 3 adults, should have that conversation with a child. ever.

look past it people...work on it...come on into the big boy and girl world. protect the child's sanctity FIRST. that means BEFORE judging the child on their sexual orientation.
LittleSouthernMama
LittleSouthernMama

Back to top Go down

Lawsuit: KISD coaches outed student  Empty Re: Lawsuit: KISD coaches outed student

Post  HPchick Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:38 pm

LSM, that was really perfectly said.

I'm originally from another part of the world, and when I came here I was really shocked by how hateful people can be, all the while hiding behind being "Christian".

I've known a lot of Christians before I came here. None of them were hateful, judgmental, or cruel. They did not use their "faith" to bash and chastise others.

It really makes me sad and angry at the same time to see how poorly people can treat others, all in the name of God.

Be nice to people. It's that simple.

HPchick
HPchick

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleSouthernMama Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:34 am

HPchick...thanks so much for chiming in! i look forward to reading your posts on other topics!

exactly!

it sickens me to see examples like this. times when so called Christians support abusers instead of victims. it seems, in this case, that the community has been so quick to judge the child and the family rather than the teachers because the public perception was that the teachers were on some kind of sanctioned witch hunt to seek out the girl's "gayness". the preaching and pedantic posts by the community speak to this theory by consistently reinforcing the notion that because the child is gay, she deserved to be violated in this way.

as though her very "gayness" merited, not understanding and compassion, but judgement...saving...healing of some kind.

this makes it a double FAIL. not only did the child not get protected by the system, she was judged lacking by the community. totally ignoring the fact that a child's sexual identity was compromised by a group of adults who were not doing so out of some poorly guided attempt to protect her well being, instead it was a vicious and deceitful vendetta taken on by one of the coaches in an attempt to punish the girl for stealing her lover...

what a sordid and tragic story.

the coaches should lose their jobs and their teaching credentials.period.
LittleSouthernMama
LittleSouthernMama

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down