East Texas News & Opinions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyler PD searching for student with gun near Robert E. Lee campus

2 posters

Go down

Tyler PD searching for student with gun near Robert E. Lee campus Empty Tyler PD searching for student with gun near Robert E. Lee campus

Post  John T. Ford Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Tyler PD searching for student with gun near Robert E. Lee campus

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - TISD campus police are searching for a student near Robert E. Lee, who had a gun on campus.
Both Robert E. Lee, and Hubbard Middle School campuses were locked down around 2 p.m. on Tuesday for approximately 45 minutes.

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13992024

It's been nearly 18 months since Todd Henry was stabbed to death by Byron Truvia at John Tyler High School in Tyler, Texas. Although, John Tyler has been free of any news worthy violent episodes since then, now there is a report of a student with a gun on Robert E. Lee's campus. Anyone who has read my comments in the past most likely knows I am a large supporter of Home Schooling one's children if at all possible. Between the violence and threats of violence and bullying on our school campuses today, I believe the only way to protect your children and give them an education, is to home school them. Also, there is a story today coming from Mansfield ISD about the forcing of mandatory arabic classes for their students. This is pure and simple government indoctrination organized through Mansfield ISD with a Federal Grant from the Obama White House. Enough id enough and I would encourage all parents who are able to home school their children.. There is lots of information on the web on this topic. Home school has come along way. Now, may be the time to revisit this idea.

John T. Ford
John T. Ford
John T. Ford

Back to top Go down

Tyler PD searching for student with gun near Robert E. Lee campus Empty Re: Tyler PD searching for student with gun near Robert E. Lee campus

Post  Yes Its Me Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:42 am

It surprises me that you support Home Schooling. Wouldn't you be just giving in? My daughter goes to a great school that I am very involved in. I have noticed that when the parents get involved in their child's school it makes a huge difference. I know we have single parents out there that say "well i work, i have no time". I receive letters from my child's school every week on ways to get more involved at all times of the day. That is no excuse.

As to what is going on in Mansfeild ISD I think is a Mansfield ISD problem. This district picked Arabic. Would TISD or any surrounding districts pick Arabic? Not no but hell no. Too muck controversy. Below is a link where you will see what I'm talking about.

http://www.languagepolicy.org/documents/grants/Richey_FLAP%20brochure.pdf
Yes Its Me
Yes Its Me

Back to top Go down

Tyler PD searching for student with gun near Robert E. Lee campus Empty Re: Tyler PD searching for student with gun near Robert E. Lee campus

Post  John T. Ford Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:24 pm

I support home schooling because of the increasing government intrusion in our children's education. I choose to be in complete control of my children's education. I agree parents need to be involved in their children's school however, their control is limited and just like this story represents, safety is always an issue. I don't have a problem with the FLAP program with the exception of teach islam at any level. And, that is because I do not believe these programs will teach the truth about arabic culture.

As far as what's going on at the Mansfield ISD, this is just another example of why home schooling should be, if possible, a priority. Apparently, the parents were not aware of this policy until after it had been voted on and attempted to be implemented. Although, I believe the program has been retracted. I am all for education on every level. However, I do not believe the truth about arabic culture and religion will be taught. Arabic culture is a culture of religion and you cannot separate the two. The religion of islam is 100% in contrast to western values and the Constitution. There is no place for islamic culture in America. Sharia law is a repressive and murderous form of government that has no place in a FREE Country and there is no separating the culture, the religion, or Sharia. They are all one in the same!
John T. Ford
John T. Ford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down