East Texas News & Opinions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheila Lee Jackson, WTF

3 posters

Go down

Sheila Lee Jackson, WTF Empty Sheila Lee Jackson, WTF

Post  John T. Ford Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:56 pm

On December 9th while the US House was in Session on the Tax deal which included extension on unemployment benefits, Sheila Lee Jackson, (D-TX) took the floor a gave a speech on giving relief for the so-called 99er's. The 99er's are those unemployed who have exhausted their benefits beyond 99 weeks.

Well, nothing unexpected about a democRAT arguing for more entitlement, more welfare for those in need and for those not so much in need. But, allow me to post part of her speech here. You can view the whole session at C-Span at the link posted below.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/HouseSession3976

I'd like to make sure that we classify this not as a class warfare, if you will, but a good samaritan waving the flag. Working people need help, and so the unemployment insurance that is part of this bill is a valid part of it. The child tax credit, the payroll holiday, all of those speak to the vision of this nation, that we have the willingness to share. To give $25 to 28 billion dollars unnecessarily that would go and take away from education and Social Security and Medicare, domestic spending that is necessary, is a crime. This is not about fighting against someone who has a few more dollars than the next person. It is to do what we're sent here to do, to make sure that the capitalistic system works for everybody, including those who are now unemployed. Let's get our senses together.

Sheila Lee Jackson, (D-TX) December 9th, 2010 on the floor of the US House of Representatives.

Can someone please tell me WTF this woman is talking about. Does it seem as obvious to you as it does to me that she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about? "Working people need help so, and so the unemployment insurance that is part of this bill is a valid part of it." WHAT? Since when did working people get benefits?

How the hell do people this uneducated with an IQ not above the temperature of a well working freezer get elected? Remember Obama's gaff referring to the "57 states of America"? Was that a gaff? Is it a coincident that there are 57 "Islamic" states?

Or is he too, really that ... uhm ... "stupid" for lack of a better word? Keep in mind whether you believe Obama was born in Hawaii or not, one fact is for sure, Ann Dunham claimed to have left Hawaii for Jakarta when Obama was just a few months old. Obama did not step foot onto the mainland of the US until he was 18 years old. He was raised in the Middle East. I can see where the number of states in this Country could be confusing to a foreigner.

And they accuse Sarah Palin for being stupid over a remark about seeing Russia from her backyard that Palin did not even make. That comment was made by Tina Fey in a SNL skit.

These are our elected officials that are suppose to be representing our interest in this Counrty. No wonder things are so bad right now. What do you think?
John T. Ford
John T. Ford

Back to top Go down

Sheila Lee Jackson, WTF Empty Re: Sheila Lee Jackson, WTF

Post  Dick Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:44 pm

"Working [class] people need help, and so the unemployment insurance that is part of this bill is a valid part of it."

Insert "class warfare" discussion here.

Dick

Back to top Go down

Post  Dick Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:46 pm

I will definitely concede that Ms. Lee is not someone that you take on the DNC presidential campaign trail, outside of her district.

Dick

Back to top Go down

Post  John T. Ford Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:47 am

I suspect she would be better suited standing in front of the voting facilities in Philadelphia with the New Black Panthers brandishing a night stick! Very Happy
John T. Ford
John T. Ford

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa S. Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:53 pm

What do you expect?

"Prior to the 110th Congress, Lee served on the House Science Committee and on the Subcommittee that oversees space policy. During a 2005 visit to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California, Lee asked whether the Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong in 1969. (Armstrong's 1969 mission, of course, was to the Moon, not Mars.)"

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=981

Lisa S.

Back to top Go down

Post  John T. Ford Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:14 pm

I appreciate your post on Sheila Lee Jackson. I have to say your link was so disturbing, it took me two times to read through it. I cannot understand how some people can be so anti-American and also be elected to public office. This woman is supposed to be Ivey League educated. It just goes to show the ignorance of her constituents and once again proves that black people would continue to vote Bedford Forrest into office as long as they believed he was black!
John T. Ford
John T. Ford

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down