East Texas News & Opinions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

any homeschoolers?

4 posters

Go down

any homeschoolers? Empty any homeschoolers?

Post  LittleSouthernMama Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 pm

anyone homeschooling their kids?
LittleSouthernMama
LittleSouthernMama

Back to top Go down

any homeschoolers? Empty Re: any homeschoolers?

Post  Aaron Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:53 pm

Im not personally but she is home schooled by our preachers wife.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleSouthernMama Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:03 pm

nice! it's always good to meet fellow homeschooling families! we keep our oldest and youngest home full time for homeschooling while our disabled child attends a public campus partial days to have access to therapy and such.
LittleSouthernMama
LittleSouthernMama

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Thats awesome. Good job
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post  John T. Ford Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:40 pm

I honestly believe home schooling is the way of the future. Public schools are a dismal failure all around. Schools are filled with political correctness, government indoctrinations, crazy text books and even sexual predator teachers and staff preying on our children. I look for a huge shift to home schooling and the government trying to regulate it as well! Can't have our children thinking for themselves. affraid
John T. Ford
John T. Ford

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleSouthernMama Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:47 pm

John T. Ford wrote:I honestly believe home schooling is the way of the future. Public schools are a dismal failure all around. Schools are filled with political correctness, government indoctrinations, crazy text books and even sexual predator teachers and staff preying on our children. I look for a huge shift to home schooling and the government trying to regulate it as well! Can't have our children thinking for themselves. affraid

a big WERD...to the John T.
LittleSouthernMama
LittleSouthernMama

Back to top Go down

Post  Aaron Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Yep, you got that right John.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post  XXStatus Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Started home schooling our children after an incident at Chapel Hill Middle School. My daughter had an 8th grade Science (gene) experiment where a boy and girl would 'pretend' being married and had a week to determine which genes their baby would receive from each of them. They would then use either drawings or magazine pictures to make poster board of their baby together. There weren't enough girls for boys so the teacher 'married' my 13 yr. old daughter to two young black men. Both who had a history of harassing my daughter over the course of the first couple of months at the school. I immediately went to the school principal and explained that firstly we disagree with the context of the experiment, and secondly we do not condone interracial relationships. The principal, the teacher and I discussed the issue and I was told she do the project or take a zero on a major project. I contacted the school superintendent that day and was basically told the same thing. That was the last day any of my children attended a public school. One has since graduated with her Bach, one is in his second year @ TSU and 1 is graduating high school this year. The two in college both make the deans list with no problems. Awesome kids!

We used American School initially but transferred to Texas Tech University Independent School District after the first one had a hard time getting into college with the American School Graduation Certificate
XXStatus
XXStatus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum