doctors and invasive & unnecessary birth procedures...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

doctors and invasive & unnecessary birth procedures...

Post  LittleSouthernMama on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:27 pm

nothing gets me going faster than discussing the invasive and unnecessary procedures doctors often force on pregnant women through bullying and intimidation. Mad the c-section rate in this country is entirely too high. the vbac rate should be higher but so few doctors support a woman's right to vbac.

i'll be back later to expound...
LittleSouthernMama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Unnecessary surgeries

Post  stefkirchenbauer on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:48 pm

I personally know that the Women's and Children's clinic in Athens, is the leader in c-section rates. I have known several women who use the same doctor, who have all been forced to undergo c-sections. The reason they were given for this, was that there were too many women there, and their labors were not progressing naturally. Sorry childbirth doesn't follow a set timeline.

stefkirchenbauer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: doctors and invasive & unnecessary birth procedures...

Post  LittleSouthernMama on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:11 pm

EXACTLY! its sad that women have to travel as far as Shreveport and Denton to get vbac's also. childbirth is not pathological...it should not be treated with the disease model of medical care. i'm pro-midwife, as long as its regulated. the rash of c-sections has a lot to do with failure in breastfeeding attempts also.

i could soap box about incompetent ob/gyn's all day...scheduling inductions and sections around t-times at the course...
LittleSouthernMama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: doctors and invasive & unnecessary birth procedures...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top