East Texas News & Opinions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banned User

2 posters

Go down

Banned User Empty Banned User

Post  Admin Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:19 pm

As we are a no edit/no secrets board, I'm informing our membership that I have banned BigAcorn and FallingHusk because both user names are listed under the same IP address. While there are certain circumstances that would allow for that unique situation, I don't think that this situation fits. /

Last edited by Admin on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://easttexasnews.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Banned User Empty Re: Banned User

Post  Admin Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Process Deist wrote:We are Brothers you idiot. It is a Sunday afternoon and we are enjoying a family gathering. There is only one IP address for this house. As a matter of fact we have been enjoying the whole weekend together...is that a crime. Who in the hell told you to ban us....that bunch of TROLLS you have as moderators. Those bastards insulted us and our relatives by proclaiming us as Atheist. They post their shit on the Tyler Newspaper website asking for us to click on this web board and join in the poll that will not delete posts. Then the bastards attack us and call us Deist my Ass...Atheist and other insults.
By the way, don't you think that Southern Mama and John Troll Ford are the same person. That is something you need to ban.
You ask on the board for the opinions of readers of Tyler Paper and you got them Bubba...now put on your big girl panties and deal with us....don't ban us.

Awww, look at the disgruntled interweb denizen. Unfortunately for the three of you, most forums will not allow without Admin notification more than one user name per IP. Since you have temporary and extenuating circumstances, I will reinstate those two usernames with the limitation that they post a post or start a thread from a different IP within 7 days. After that point, if the requirement has not been satisfactorily met, then the banning will stand.

The interweb network is full of people that enjoy antagonizing members of forums for the purpose of their own sick entertainment. I, as the sole Admin here, will not allow any potential trolling of this small community. Multiple usernames is the beginning of the troll train.

If you and your brothers are who you say you are, then you are welcome to join the community and participate with other members in free exchange of ideas as long as it remains respectful. 7 days is a perfectly reasonable stance, one that would not be respected in many forums. Most forum Admins will not allow it at all and any occurrence results in a permaban of the IP address itself.

I would appreciate if you would, in the future, refrain from calling people names on this board. The free exchange of intellectual ideas does not require adults to meet one another in that way.

To address your final point, minor though it may be, I can assure you that the moderators here, John T. Ford and littlesouthernmama, are two very different people.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Banned User Empty You deny the people?

Post  Sister Lilly Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Did you or did you not set up a site for the exchange of ideas about the Athens Courthouse displays?
When the readers responded in a way you did not anticipate, you decided to silence them?
Did you or your moderators invite readers from another web-site to click on your link and participate in an open dialogue about the overt Christian Displays on our Courthouse Square?
Does it give you some kind of thrill to crush the ideas of your opponents?

Sister Lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Sister Lilly wrote:Did you or did you not set up a site for the exchange of ideas about the Athens Courthouse displays?
When the readers responded in a way you did not anticipate, you decided to silence them?
Did you or your moderators invite readers from another web-site to click on your link and participate in an open dialogue about the overt Christian Displays on our Courthouse Square?
Does it give you some kind of thrill to crush the ideas of your opponents?

This is an Admin thread about banned users. Since you rock the same IP address of the above three gentlemen, I'd like an explanation for that to ensure that you are not participating in the nefarious tradition of interweb trolls. You are correct about the basic underlying purpose of this forum, to exchange ideas freely among adults, unfortunately, one bad apple with multiple user names can spoil the fun for all. You also have 7 days to post from a different IP or give a reasonable explanation for your shared address.

If this forum were strictly for one type of person or another would we have Christians and Pagans participating in threads together harmoniously? I think not.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 am

Process Deist wrote:Get a pair of balls.
Are you standing for the exchange of ideas or will you hide behind the authority of administrator?
You are choking my rights to free speech.

Actually, you are not correct about your right to free speech. This is a private forum that you joined after, hopefully, reviewing terms of service. One of our terms is that, without Admin approval, there will be no allowance of multiple usernames without prior Admin approval. Your decision to begin posting indicated that you read and understood the Terms of Service. Your "family" can choose to post from another IP address in the allotted time, and you can stop being an antagonist about the situation. If you cannot be mature and adhere to the rules, then all of you can feel free to find another forum. The interwebs are a wide and varied space, so I"m sure you can find a place to call home.

I will warn you that further antagonistic behavior on your part or "Sister Lilly's" part about the simple expectation that members follow rules will result in immediate permaban of your IP addresses. Make no mistake about it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down